By Jennifer Morrison
My goal with the morning care package newsletters was to uplift my family and friends during the first 40 days of Quarantine. I was well aware of how much negative news was overwhelming all of us. Each morning I would search for an uplifting article as well as an encouraging health-related article to share with everyone. Here are the highlights from our Quarantine reading.
“There is a vitality, a life force, an energy,a quickening, that is translated through you into action,and because there is only one of you in all of time,this expression is unique. And if you block it,it will never exist through any other medium and will be lost.”
- Why You Should Stop Being So Hard On Yourself
- An Antidote to Helplessness and Disorientation: The Great Humanistic Philosopher and Psychologist Erich Fromm on Our Human Fragility as the Key to Our Survival and Our Sanity
- Great Theater, Dance and Classical Music to Tune Into While Stuck at Home
- Short Attention Span? All These Movies Are Under 90 Minutes
- 20 Learning Apps For Stir-Crazy Kids
- Tips From Someone With Nearly 50 Years Of Social Distancing Experience
- 4 Bright Spots Amid The Gloom Of Coronavirus
- How People Learn To Become Resilient
- Why Talking About Our Problems Helps So Much (and How to Do It)
- Lessons In Constructive Solitude From Thoreau
- Feeling Scatterbrained? Here’s Why
- William Eggleston’s color photos of the everyday were shocking for their banality
- 13 Virtual Train Rides From Around the World That You Can Experience Right Now
- Online learning: how to acquire new skills during lockdown
- Artists Are Hunkered Down, but Still Nurturing Their Inner Visions
- We Need Great Leadership Now, and Here’s What It Looks Like
- Five Questions Productive People Ask Themselves to Stay Focused
- FOMO Is Over. Give In to the Joy of Letting Go.
- 9 tips to perfect your ‘working from home’ morning routine
- Shop these brands offering special discounts for workers on the front lines of covid-19
- How to Keep Your Home Free of Coronavirus Germs
- Can Reading Make You Happier?
- New York couple shout ‘I do’ as friend officiates wedding from his fourth-floor window
- The Unexpected Joy of Repeat Experiences
- Taking a bath isn’t just relaxing. It could also be good for your heart, study says
- How to strengthen your immunity during the coronavirus pandemic. Part 1: Diet
- I Spent a Year in Space, and I Have Tips on Isolation to Share
- 4 Cups a Day: 4 Surprising Health Benefits of Drinking That Much Coffee
- The Danger of Fast Carbs
- How to Sew a Fabric Face Mask
- Rest and Relaxation: Stay Awake, lullaby by Julia Summers
- The Life-Changing Magic of Bullet Journaling
- Time alone (chosen or not) can be a chance to hit the reset button
- How to Manage Panic Attacks
- Marie Kondo: Achieving calm through the art of organization
- Productivity Is Not Working
- How to keep coronavirus fears from affecting your mental health
- 22 Free Workouts You Can Do at Home Right Now
- How to Get Your Kids to Treat You Like Their Teacher
- How Should You Stock Your Medicine Cabinet?
Wishing you lots of love and health.
I’m honestly a fan of this list. Everyday I was waiting for the JMOdailies on twitter for the exact same reason this article is out and for the exact same reason Jennifer collected all of them: to have something to read supporting good vibes and happiness, even in this strange moment we are living in.
I’ve found out that some of these articles were helpful in general but some of them helped me to think about very important things ABOUT and FOR myself.
“Stop being hard on yourself”, “Can reading make you happier” or about how some time alone could be so important ,were and are still my favorites.
Thank you for these JMOdailies bites, we all need some of Jen’s wisdom in our lives.